Monday, November 28, 2011

Losing it

Okay so another vent (I told you all to look forward to them). I am having a hard time with all of the overwhelming amount of messages and requests from people who I haven't spoken to in years, or who have never cared to have me be a part of their lives all of a sudden want an invitation to the wedding. I feel like a wedding should be filled with people who have been with Scott and I through it all, and love us as much as we love them. I want family and friends who care about us, and have been supportive. I never expected to receive so many "I better get invited" maybe I should be flattered? or maybe I just need to step up and say NO? right now my approach is no response at all, but that is not seeming to cut it. For now this is my outlet by spewing all of my frustration on here.

5 comments:

  1. I think you should talk to Scott and maybe some of those who have been with you. Maybe your mom would have some good advice, or someone you know who recently got married?
    Love you girl, you'll figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I know you are pretty level headed, so don't do anything on a whim, make sure you think it through cause you don't want to regret something you said when you were upset. Think about who you would want to share this special time with, if the person who expects the invite isn't someone you want to share it with, don't invite them. But that's just my opinion. :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, as of right now I have a guest list and plan to stick to it. I think I just have gotten overwhelmed with the amount of people "expecting" to go, and it made me cranky ;) lol!
    Thank you miss Kaila for all of your wonderful advice! Love ya and miss you girlie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just tell them that you're having a small wedding and may not have as much room for people outside of your family than you would like, but that you will be sure to keep them in mind when the RSVPs start coming in. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good advice, I was inches away from just yelling NO. lol. :)

    ReplyDelete