Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Script Dilema

I decided to sit and try to start writing our script, and oh jeez what  a task this will be. Neither of us is religious so I that makes searching for script ideas difficult. Every google search ends up with a mess of blogs with advice on how to start writing the script, but I can't seem to  find anything useful. It is overwhelming and I don't like it.. This is such a big task and I don't want to regret forgetting something or making it to long or too short, not making sense. There is just a lot at stake.
Scott was the officiant for his sisters wedding a year and a half ago and the script was beautiful. Seems like a lot to live up to. It also doesn't make it easy when my family is very "catholic" but I also have to remember that it's our ceremony and we need it to be symbolic of us as a married couple and not worry about everyone else's expectations.
If someone who wrote their own script wants to send some help either in words of encouragement or with some help please it would be appreciated

1 comment:

  1. We I did was print out maybe half a dozen scripts that I liked that I found online. Then I grabbed a highlighter, and gave Jacob one, and we individually went through each script and highlighted phrases/sections/quotes that we liked. Then I took all of those and incorporated them into one script. The only part of ours that I actually wrote from scratch was the sand ceremony... 'cause I didn't like anything that I found online for it. =)

    ReplyDelete