Saturday, November 19, 2011

Keeping my spirits up

I find lately that I keep finding myself being very emotional, and I am not liking it to much. I am overjoyed with everyone's love and encouragement, but at the same time I find myself saddened by a lot of people lack of. I shouldn't let those few get me down, but like I said I am an emotional mess. I just want to move past all of the drama that comes with a wedding (everyone warned me, but still not prepared) Scott joked that maybe we should just elope now and not tell anyone, but since I want nothing more then to share this experience with all of my loved ones I could never do that. The thing I find the hardest though is saying no, I just got engaged on Tuesday and already I have handfuls of opinions in my head. I have to remind myself each time I find myself upset that this is mine and Scott's special time, and no lack of support or someone's negative opinion should not bring me down.

2 comments:

  1. I feel you. People may be excited when you first tell them, but then life moves on for them and you're stuck with the planning! lol Keep your head up and don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it. And dont be afraid to brush aside other's ideas/opinions that don't mesh with yours. I know most of my stress came from trying to please other people... which makes no sense since it was MY wedding! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I am struggling with the trying to please everyone, and I find it ridiculous because I haven't even been engaged a week. lol! I know once I get into the groove of things, it wont be as hard to say no. But right now it's a struggle :)

    ReplyDelete