Monday, April 30, 2012

This is MY WEDDING!!

I like to share my ideas with people, but am terrible at taking criticism when people don't like them... (something I really need to work on) throughout the wedding planning process I have been sharing all of my idea's with some close work friends, and of course Scott. I have steered away from sharing some with family members because I don't like being talked out of my ideas. but lately I have realized how "selfish" I have been thinking about things surrounding the wedding. I use the word selfish because usually I worry more about others feelings then my own, but right now I just want to shout from the roof tops that it's MY WEDDING!!! there is still 4 months till the wedding so who knows this may actually happen. Lately though I have been noticing not only people wanting me to change things about the wedding because it does not work for them but also for my shower and bachelorrette. Wether it be what I am wearing is too much like theirs, or dates for the events don't work for them, or if I invited people's friends.. I knew this whole process was stressful but never once did I think that I would have to worry about pissing so many people off by making decisions on things that are supposed to be all about "me" nor did I think I would have to hear so much worry from family and friends about how stressed they are about how they will look, or how "overwhelmed" they are. Another favorite of mine is people telling me how I will act on the day of the wedding, and how unbearable it will be for all of them.. I know all brides go through this, but still nothing prepared me for a lot of this unnecessary drama.
Okay, that's enough rambling for one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment